We also require that you:
- Pass a criminal record check
- Pass a medical check-up
- Have a clean driver's abstract and reliable vehicle (if transporting clients)
- Have previous professional references
- Be ready for the emotional and physical challenges of the job
- Commit to training and learning that enhance your support skills
- Are able to facilitate parent-child meetings in a positive and neutral manner
We foster an environment that encourages and empowers First Nations/Metis women by offering a work environment that is unique, dedicated and professional.
Would be available for wekend and evening shifts on a casual basis to start.
2017 Dundas Street
Vancouver, BC V5L 1J5
Office Tel: 604-872-1849 Fax: 604-872-1845
Pacific Association of First Nation's Women
PAFNW is committed to providing effective, quality support that will assist Aboriginal women in strengthening themselves and their families. In order to facilitate this we require homecare and supervised access workers that are reliable, responsible, compassionate, and caring, and that embody our passion and dedication to offering services that make a difference. Aboriginal/Metis ancestry welcomed.
Other necessary traits and skills include:
- Sensitive, open-minded, professional and patient
- Good communication skills
- Expertise and commitment in working with women and children
- Experience in childcare and/or social services
- Familiarity and appreciation of Aboriginal cultures, heritage and values
- Early childhood education courses and certification/social work courses
- St. John's ambulance level 1